Wednesday, November 2, 2011

We Did It!!

October 22nd and 23rd, 2011

Day One 98 Miles

Cardon Children's Hospital



The Law Firm of Cheer & Tumble handling all your gymnastics mishaps and suing that mean girl who kicked you off the Cheer Squad!


The long, hotuphillandnotwinding road (apologies to The Beatles)


Best Western parking lot after 98 miles


Day 2 off to Beads of Courage Headquarters! 40 more miles to go! And it's all downhill from here....NOT! Who said that anyway?


Team Beads of Courage Tucson members came to ride with us


The finish line!



Jean gave us a real Tour de France style podium moment complete with the double cheek smooch! That was really brave of her considering we hadn't showered yet.





Next Team Beads of Courage Ride - El Tour de Tucson November 19th, 2011! But first my ample fanny needs a break. :)

2 comments:

  1. Carol.... I wanted to stop by and thank you for all you do for Team Beads of Courage. Today my son Logan received one of the beads that traveled with you on the El Tour De Tucson in Nov, 2011. He is a courageous 5 year old heart warrior who had open heart surgery at 4 months old, and various other procedures along the way...including this hospital stay for a heart cath. He was very happy to receive his beads with each and every step, and he wears his beads of courage with such pride. Sending thanks for all you do, from Pittsburgh, PA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Melissa, I just found your comment! Thank you so much for getting in touch and letting me know about Logan! It makes me incredibly happy to know that he received one of the beads that traveled with me in Tucson. Please give him a great big hug from me!

      Your message let me know that I've been away from the blog for too long. I've had to work through some physical issues but with the help of an amazing coach, I am back on the bike and will be carrying more beads this year and posting more pictures.

      May the wind be at your backs and the sun shine upon your faces. Much love, Carol

      Delete